Windows Service Not Automatically Transmitting Files

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mhorstegmail

Windows Service Not Automatically Transmitting Files

Post by mhorstegmail »

I am running the current version of BestSync 2024 English Version Ver19.0.1.1(64Bit). I have used it for many years and never had any issues. Suddenly the jobs scheduled to run as a service no longer run automatically to the schedule that is set. I will see that files have been sitting in the outbound directory for days in spite of being scheduled hourly several times a day. I can transmit the files manually by selecting the job and starting it. They immediately transfer as expected but will fail again the next day. I have reinstalled BestSync as an Administrator but that did not help. I also see that the job appears to stick and display "Synchronizing" for quite a while in spite of the files transmitting quickly. This may have started with a BestSync upgrade or with a Windows Server OS patching. I'm not sure of the exact date. It is running on Microsoft Windows 2016 Datacenter.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Windows Service Not Automatically Transmitting Files

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please tell me what file system (FTP etc) the task is synchronizing with?
If it is FTP, please check if you have added BestSyncSvc.exe, and BestSyncApp.exe to the allowed list of Windows Firewall.
mhorstegmail

Post by mhorstegmail »

We are sending files to a bank via SFTP. The results have been very confusing. Since upgrading to v2024 the files did not appear to process on the Bank's side. They have said the files are empty or appear to be transferred and pulled back by BestSync. They see files with an .htm extension on their side. I had thought this was BestSync using temporary file names during transmission but I have unchecked that box during testing. The files are for Positive Pay and vendors will have our checks refused if the files are not transmitted reliably.

Can I reinstall the 2023 version on top of 2024 to maintain my SFTP job settings (passwords) to get them to process again?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The latest version of BestSync 2024 has improved the file verification function of SFTP.
Please download and reinstall BestSync 2024 to see if the problem can be resolved.
mhorste2

Post by mhorste2 »

I have downloaded and updated to v19.0.1.1 and also attempted a reinstall of it. The issue started in the new 2024 version. Can I re-install the older 2023 version, that was working, without losing my connections and jobs???
mhorste2

Post by mhorste2 »

The bank appears to be receiving the actual txt files needed for the transaction but temporary files are interfering with the acknowledgement and normal processing of our console view so we cannot determine if transmission was succesful. If I can revert to the 2023 version without losing any of the settings we can determine if the isue is caused by the new 2024 version. The issue did start immediately after the upgrade.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Because BestSync 2024 has encrypted the setting files.
The user task settings are saved in a different folder than BestSync 2023 before, these settings will not be affected if you install the old version of BestSync 2023.

But the tasks "Run as Service" are saved to the same file as BestSync 2023. If you install the old version BestSync 2023, it can not load the settings, you need to export these tasks to files, after you install the old version, import these tasks.