Can't Connect to iDrive E2

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
L33nsta

Can't Connect to iDrive E2

Post by L33nsta »

Hello,
On one of my VPS servers, using Bestsync, I can't connect to iDrive E2. I can connect via Winscp to iDrive E2. I can connect to a Amazon S3 using Bestsync. It doesn't even give me any sort of error messages. When I try to connect to Amazon S3 with invalid login details, I get an error.

This only happens on 1 of my VPS servers. I can connect to iDrive E2 with another VPS server from a different provider and from my local computer.

Any ideas?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Can't Connect to iDrive E2

Post by RiseFly »

I'm sorry that BestSync does not support Winscp, so it can not connect to iDrive EC2.
I don't quite understand your problem, could you please provide more details.
L33nsta

Post by L33nsta »

I'm after ideas, I'm trying to connect to idrive E2 on a VPS server. When I try to connect, nothing happens. I don't get any sort of response in the status window. Eg at least when I try to connect to an Amazon S3 server, even with a random login ID, I at least get an error message.

Runnings Windows server 2012.

I can connect to iDrive E2 on other computers and VPS servers I have.
L33nsta

Post by L33nsta »

I've posted below 3 photos. I have since gone through all S3 Server options in the menu and can only get a response from the Amazon S3.
Attachments
iDrive.jpg
iDrive.jpg (155.86 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
DreamHost.jpg
DreamHost.jpg (153.99 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
Amazon S3.jpg
Amazon S3.jpg (161.72 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The condition to use the S3 compatible feature is that the server must support S3 protocol.
If BestSync can not connect to the customized server, it means that the server does not support the protocol.